Wow, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Tripping over Pebbles in the Dark, a very entertaining, and well written blog about every day life which gives me a good chuckle.
The Liebster Award is for new bloggers who have a small following, but have a lot of potential. It’s designed to help new bloggers gain a following, and to encourage us to blog more, a bit like a blogging chain letter. I am thrilled to have been nominated, to be honest when I first started the blog I wasn’t sure that anyone would even read it, so this is really quite exciting!
Here are the rules I’ve been asked to follow, if you accept this nomination you can do the same:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
And if you link back to this post, your response will appear as a ‘pingback’ in the discussion section at the end of this post. I’m not too sure where to ‘pingback’ so I’ll just pop it here to make sure it’s included!
So I’m sure your all dying to know what questions I’ve been asked, and what my answers are! Well, I’ll not keep you waiting any longer….
1. Are you a lark or a night owl.
I’m in the middle I would say, I rarely get to bed early (before 11pm). Most mornings I’m awake by 6.30am, anything past 8am is a lie-in for me and it rarely happens. It’s not as if i don’t want to have a nice lie-in, because I do, I love sleeping late. My problem is once I’ve woke up that’s usually it for the day and I can’t get back to sleep. Sometimes this may happen at 2 or 3am, it’s super annoying. The worst part is, the hubby is the complete opposite and can sleep in until well past lunch time…. if I let him that is!
2. What is your proudest moment?
Conquering Ben Nevis, which I did to raise money for Breast Cancer Research in 2010. I had never done anything like it before, and reaching the summit was the most amazing, and emotional experience. A big thank you to my bestie for taking on the challenge with me, a mere three months after giving birth to her little boy, (and my little god son).
3. What is your favourite place and why?
Walt Disney World, it’s the happiest place on earth! I was ten years old on my first visit to WDW, and the magic just seeped in to my bones. I’ve visited Orlando nine times now, and every visit has included numerous visits to the WDW parks, each visit just as magical as the first. In 2010 I exchanged vows with the most important person in my life, right there at the Boardwalk Resort in Walt Disney World.
4. How do you keep fit?
Until recently I didn’t do a great deal of exercise, but in recent months I keep fit with walking, pole dance classes, Zumba, HIIT and KBX. Find out more in my post here.
5. What is your favourite book/film/piece of music and why?
Favourite out of everything? Wow that’s a tough one, I have so many favourites when it comes to books and films. In books my favourite is definitely the Harry Potter series. Why? The story is amazing, it totally swept me up in to the world of Hogwart’s, Witches and Wizards, Muggles and magical beings. What is not to love?
6. Describe yourself in five words
Crazy cat lady, loves movies
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Gosh this one is a bit tough, I don’t really look back on a childhood memory thinking that it my favourite. I’m going to stop over analysing this one and say the childhood memory that I recall in better detail than any other, the day I was bridesmaid for my aunty Caroline when I was twelve.
8. What is your favourite hobby?
Watching movies. You may say that this isn’t a real hobby. And if you do, well, in my case you are totally wrong. I love watching movies, I dedicate time to watching movies and movie trailers, I spend a lot of my free time reading about movies, and actors and directors. I have an unhealthy obsession with wanting to know everything that an actor has been in when I’m watching a movie, and it drives me mad if I can’t figure out who someone is. I love visiting the cinema, and when watching the trailers before the start, I get super annoyed if they show a trailer that I haven’t already seen online, because that means I’ve been slacking and haven’t been keeping myself up-to-date with new releases. If that’s not a hobby I don’t know what is!
I just read that back and can’t help but wonder if I have issues?!
9. What would be your superpower?
Telekinesis, or teleporting. Having the power to move things with your mind would be amazing, and save so much time. The same with teleporting, imagine all the places you could visit if you could just teleport yourself there? No travel time, no travel costs, no limits!
10. Why did you start your blog?
- Stiletto Momma
- All the Ideas I Never Had
- Concentrate On Yourself
- Is My Geek Showing?
- Twenty Three & Counting
- Mycki UnMasked
- Explore Newness
- Sleeping Geeks
- Billion-dollar Promise
- Cabin Pressure May Change
And finally, my questions to the nominees above are:
- Who, living or dead, would you most like to meet, and why?
- If you won the lottery jackpot, what would you do with your winnings?
- Name three things which are on your bucket list
- What is your earliest memory?
- What can you not live without?
- If anything was possible what would you invent?
- What would your superhero name be?
- Do you know the Muffin Man?
- What was the first movie you ever saw, (or at least remember seeing)?
- What is your party trick?